Thursday, September 22, 2005

What are you listening to these days? I finally picked up the new White Stripes. Wow. You should really get it. Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone Magazine was only exaggerating a little bit when he said, "If you happen to be a rock band, and you don't happen to be either of the White Stripes, it so sucks to be you right now." Every song is perfect- I especially like The Nurse which reminds me of that happy True Romance theme; and the bluegrassy and whimsical Little Ghost.
Bif Naked's Superbeautifulmonster is another disc never too far from my CD player these days. I'm not sure how much exposure she has in places other than Canada, but she kicks muchas ass, and you should check her out. The new album is probably her strongest one yet. Lots of her trademark sweetbadasssassiness,strong melodies and even a few quick little musical jokes (the bass does a double take when she says "I wanna be like Pamela Lee, you go get the camera and I'll say 'cheese'"). Plus she throws in a cover of Nothing Else Matters. What else could you ask for? My favorite song is That's Life With Me- "But if I french kiss you in the broad daylight you'll fall in love oh oh oh."
And speaking of Rolling Stone, I was browsing their movie reviews and saw the unfortunate poster for Everything is Illuminated which seems to be about Kevin from Sin City.

No comments: