Monday, October 24, 2005

Here is another contest entry. I know my actual bloggiversary was yesterday or today or maybe two days ago, but I am in no hurry- submissions are still open. This one is a little long, so I will just put the first two paragraphs, then link you to the rest. It is by my friend Seraphim Bonavarius de'Angelo, a saintly ole mystic from Charlottesville, where there are many . . . ummm, mice?

The Prophet sighed -- A Bear Story

The Old prophet sighed. As he was walking thru the woods he came upon the corpse of a young bear. Not killed for food, or in self-defense, but for sport. Killing just for the meanness of killing something smaller than you, because you could.

The prophet took a cloth and wiped his head, with a cloth for just such a purpose, he’d carried it since he lost his hair. The sun was shining down on him. He paused and said a brief prayer, asking God for mercy.

And here is the rest

No comments: