Sunday, October 02, 2005

Contest!
Pooing in the Woods is nearing its third bloggiversary! Yay! For a humble blog that started out as a depository of endless jokes involving the word "poo" to, well . . . not much has changed I guess. Still, there is now a whole Homie Bear universe, and there has been tons of characters, stories and poems along the way. It's been a lot of fun, and I am very happy with the direction this old blog has taken. So. Three weeks to go- enough time for a contest, n'est-ce pas?
I talk about all kinds of things here at the Woods, but when you boil it down, I think I celebrate two things: wonder and whimsy. With maybe a touch of irreverance. So for the Third Annual Pooing in the Woods Bloggiversary Contest, I am inviting you to submit . . . anything. Well, a story, a poem, artwork . . . anything creative. It doesn't have to be about bears, but it can be. Or it can be about Martians or robots or your neighbour or anything. But what I am looking for is something with a sense of wonder, something whimsical and fun. Cause that's what it's all about.
Anyone can enter, even if you're a lurker I've never heard of. But be aware that your entries will be poosted here for all to see (though I reserve the right to not poost it if it is mean or vulgar or anything like that). The prize will be a $25 gift certificate to Amazon, or Bestbuy, or CafePress, or whatever- winner's choice (as long as it is online). Deadline is October 23rd, the actual anniversary date I believe, and I will announce the winner shortly after that.
To get some ideas, here are some examples of previous winners, and my own writings that sort of epitomize what I mean:
Last Year's Winner
Two Years Ago Winner
A fun story- The Robot and the Devil
A non-rhymey poem- E=mc²
A rhymey poem: The First Annual Forest Animals Forum

So there you go. Enter at nwaddell (at) gmail (dot) com . And keep in mind Halloween is fast approaching, so ghosts and ghouls are of especial interest right now. The most important thing is to have fun, and celebrate your creative side.

No comments: