Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Please tell me that you read Virgina Lee Burton's Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel when you were little? Now that I run a slightly more advanced version of a steam shovel myself, I'm kind of interested in locating a copy. You'd think it would be easy to find one around, but not really. At least, not in the cool cloth hardcover I remember. You can find a cheapo paper cover version, but it's just not the same. Today I was in a bookstore and they had the cheap version, complete with a cassette tape (anyone remember those?) so I decided no to buy it. But right above it was an intriguing poster of a gobliny creature, so I asked the lady what that was from, and now I have this book, and its companion story, which actually I know nothing about, but it just looked pretty cool. Have you heard of it? I'll tell you how it is when Michelle and I read it.

No comments: