Monday, July 31, 2006

Ursis Subursis
After six months, I think I've adjusted rather well to the suburbanite life. And perhaps more importantly, the neighbours haven't yet complained about having a bear for a neighbour. Although Michelle and I spend a lot of time talking with friends about such things as the real estate market and planned home improvement projects, we still have our heads firmly floating in the clouds. We are often found reading children's books to each other, busting silly moves in the kitchen to our diverse music library, and even performing Crimestoppers Reenactments (when I was Falsely Accused of Using Her Toothbrush).
This morning Michelle asked me if I wanted anything from the mall. "Like what?" I asked, and she replied, "Something that starts with a 'B'."
"And ends with illy Talent? Yes please!" So I am happy to report to you that Billy Talent II is chock full of kickass. They're Canadian, so I don't know if you non-Canucks know of them, but they really are amazing. Kinda punky buzzsaw rock, hooks aplenty, with vocals reminiscent of Jello Biafra stripped of sarcastic whininess. (Sorry, I know he's a legend and I respect that but I have never really been a fan of Biafra.) Plus they get bonus points for taking their name from Hard Core Logo, a legendary Canadian road film about a fictional punk band, starring the Headstones' Hugh Dillon.
And I am also very happy to hear that right here in Southwest Edmonton there is a fossil bed full of Edmontosauruses and possibly their predators, Albertasaurus. How many suburbanite bears have dinosaurs for neighbours?

No comments: