Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yesterday, this topheavy, poorly designed service truck
DSCF1133
wound up upside down. Luckily, the untrained guy who was driving it was unhurt.
Today, they came and tried to blame me for the incident, since I was driving this water truck:
DSCF1103
This unit exists for dust control- it lays down water on our 23 km haul road to keep the dust at bay. It's a laughably impossible job on a hot summer day, but we at least make the attempt. Anyways, their thought process went something like this:
"Service truck upside down! Must be slippery! Must be Homie Bear's fault!"
They asked me to fill out a statement, and although I used all the details and technical jargon that won't mean anything to you, my statement basically said "I was doing my job, I was 15 kms away at the time of the incident, therefore it wasn't my fault you dumbasses." We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: