Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here's some more examples of creative spelling from the stories I assigned:

sueiside
vilant screeming
enzone (end zone)
bodem (bottom)
hew (who)
ricking havoc
concer (conquer)
metiore
hypers space
19teenth
Take a vasive action!
Neatherlands (a country that is at war with its near neighbour China)
shalk (shock)
quiquly
And my favorite, because it's a whole new word which I challenge all of you to use in a sentence:
Dramastickly

This is way too much fun! About 40 done, 50 to go! Seriously, though- I've been very impressed. The point of this exercise was to get their creative juices flowing and to have fun. Not to circle spelling errors in red ink and stuff like that. I was lucky enough to have teachers who really recognized and nurtured the creative spark in me so the one thing I wanted to accomplish in my brief stint as a teacher was to encourage the students to be creative, and they definitely did that.
How about YOU guys? Are you up for a creative challenge?

No comments: