Sunday, October 15, 2006


The Storyteller by Travis Hanson

Okay so, the creative challenge: My Fourth Bloggiversary contest! The assignment I gave the grade 7s was to pretend they were the little boy in Travis Hanson's Storyteller print. What story is he telling that has all the forest creatures so enrapt? So your challenge will be the same, but with some parameters.
Write me a story about anything you want, so long as it has some element of the fantastic, or whimsical, or, well, you know what I like. Courtroom dramas? Not so much. Courtroom dramas where a vampire is suing a zombie and a robot is the judge? Perfect. Take advantage of the fact it's Hallowe'en!
Post the story on your blog or email it to me at nwaddell (at) gmail (dot) com and I will post it here if you don't have a blog. It's open to anyone so even if you are some lurker I have never heard of, or whoever. Tell your friends!
Deadline is flexible but my bloggiversary is the 22nd I think, so around there but definitely before Hallowe'en.
The winner will get to choose between an actual Storyteller print for their wall, or the brand new Seven Devil Fix CD!
Oh yeah, bonus points for using Dramastickly and other examples from the Grade 7 lexicon.

No comments: