Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I think my dayshifts start too early. Actually I KNOW my days start too early because when I woke up this morning at 5:20 I had overslept by half an hour. Damn! So I had to drive all the way out to the mine (50 kms or so) rather than take the sleep bus. And I really had to speed, too. It didn't help that in the dark I took a wrong turn on a road that didn't exist last time and wound up driving in circles in some new subdivision. Tearing off LGJ's catalytic converter in the process. That's twice in less than a month that driving to work has caused battle damage to my peaceful little Civic. Grr!
But the rest of the day wasn't so bad. I had to run shovel 5, which is almost as old as I am and in not nearly as good shape. (But then, what is?) But what I was doing was low on the priority list so my foreman took away my trucks at about the halfway point in the shift, leaving me with 6 hours to doze and read. I finished off a 70s SF novel called The Overman Culture and got a hundred pages into another 70s SF novel called Enchanted Pilgrimage, by Simak. Sweet!

shovel 5

Anyways, for walking machines that aren't 30 years old and decrepit, check out Zooillogix for some amazing vids.

No comments: