Saturday, October 20, 2007

Gime? What's a gime? Oh, gime!
Shovel 8 was down all last night with electrical problems. It wouldn't propel, which is our fancy way of saying it wouldn't move forwards or backwards. The shovel operator, Happy, was telling me about the frustrating night he and the electrician had trying to fix the problem.
"I kept getting this turn-on flooj problem. Do you know what a flooj is?"
"A flooj? I never heard of that one." Since Happy has been running shovel for at least two decades longer than me and he didn't know what a flooj was,I didn't feel bad for not knowing. Still, that was a weird one. "How do you spell it?"
He screwed up his face and recited perfectly from memory: "F-a-i-l-u-r-e."


Anyways, coming home from work I realized Pooing in the Woods will be five years old this week- Monday or Tuesday. If I had been more on the ball I would've come up with some way to commemorate. Like a Lulu book of Homie Bear poems! Oh well. Instead I think I will admire these beautiful underwater photos. And I will listen to Ghettochip Malfunction which is the brilliant remix of Hell Yes on Guerolito. It's the one remix I would say is better than the Guero version. By a nanohair, maybe. The Hell Yes video is better than the fun but seizure-inducing Ghettochip. And who doesn't love this Nausea video? He uses those puppets in his live show, you know! Beck and his band play and the little beckets are dressed the same and play along.

No comments: