Friday, November 23, 2007

The world famous Royal Tyrrell Museum is only about three hours away from Edmonton. When Michelle and I went there this summer we were kind of surprised at how quickly we got there. So there's no excuse to not go there at least once a day! Okay, well at the very least maybe once every few years or so. Especiallly now that they are displaying the world's only specimen of Eotriceratops xerinsularis, a huge proto-ceratopsian discovered not far from Drumheller in a previously dino-free stratum. Cool, eh? Check out this photo of the skull. Just imagine how that would look in the garage next to your Jaekelopterus rhenania.
I will now write the world's first ever poem dedicated to Eotriceratops.

Eotriceratops xerinsularis, can I call you Ted?
You're a horned dinosaur with a gigantic head
I wish you were still alive and not quite so dead
O Eotriceratops xerinsularis, whom I call Ted.

No comments: