Friday, November 20, 2009

According to George RR Martin's blog, Not A Blog, the shooting for the pilot of A Game Of Thrones has almost wrapped! Sweet! I wonder when it will air. Not that it matters since I don't have HBO and will have to wait an extra year for it to come out on DVD. Or I guess they got that newfangled internet I can check. I hear you can see videos on it and everything!
I'm just about to start my reread of A Feast For Crows. I went on a sort of GRRM revival when I got the books for Robin and also Michelle decided to read them. You know you have the best wife ever when you can discuss whether you'd rather be the Lord of Winterfell or the Eyrie and whether Lucius Vorenus (aka Kevin McKidd) would make a good Beric Dondarrion, maybe, or possibly the Blackfish.
I feel such warmth to HBO for doing this series. Band of Brothers, Sopranos, True Blood, Rome, Deadwood . . . is there anything they can't do?