Thursday, November 19, 2009

So I've been trying to work my way through Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for our book club. Yes, I'm in a book club but really it is a drinking club with bookish discussions and Wii Bowling thrown in. Anyways. Having a minor in English I can tell you I adore Jane Austen in theory without actually liking any of her books. It's okay to not be into something and still recognize its brilliance. Not my thing.
Zombies are my thing, however. One of my things, anyways. Remember when Homie Bear met the zombear? Or the Cadaverous Cattle? Yup. So I thought P&P&Z would be pretty much a lot of fun. Only it's not. The zombies are mildly amusing but I can't help thinking about all the stories we wrote in grade 5 and 6 where we basically did the same thing only with aliens and spaceships.
I am thoroughly enjoying Season 1 of Deadwood, though. And not even any zombies in it!