Saturday, April 10, 2010

Here's a companion piece to the other one, also a bit overstated and I even feel a little weird putting it up since it kind of makes me sound, well, not how I am. Obviously there are plenty of people with way more interesting and crazy jobs than me. But though this is not a true story per se it's definitely a synthesis of a surprising number of experiences I've had.

You all have the same boring ass jobs
in some office somewhere doing whatever
you invite me to your house
and whine about work all night
I listen politely and nod where appropriate
then when it's time to go
you ask
how's work for you?
fine I say
what do you do again?
well, I perform heroic deeds
beyond the scope of lesser men
have a good night

Well, that's the last pseudo-commie proletariat propaganda poetry you'll get out of me for a while, sorry!

No comments: