Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tat2

So that's a pretty good sized tattoo, right? Imagine my surprise the other night when I looked down and it was gone. Well, not gone, but so completely covered by mud that you could no longer tell it was there. And of course the mud didn't stop there.
Mud, thy name is mud.
One of these:
P1140838
got stuck in the mud the other night. As a pumpman it's certainly not my problem (though you could argue that the presence of so much mud and water in the pit is sort of my fault . . . ) but I like to help out in these situations. Anyways, to get him unstuck we had to attach a sling to an eye which is back behind the front tires. Since I wear rubber boots I volunteered to go in there, not realizing the water was actually waist-deep. It was a warm night so I was only wearing sweats instead of coveralls. The weight of the water and mud on my sweats was dragging them down. And I had to take off my boots every couple of minutes to drain the water out of them.
Anyways after all that I went to change my clothes and that''s when I discovered my tattoos had disappeared. Luckily they came back or I'd be really mad!

No comments: