Friday, July 23, 2010

One thing you learn at Comic Con is you can't possibly do everything you'd like, so you pick and choose and some things get sacrificed to the Mighty Odin. Like Galactus. I wanted to get the special exclusive ten foot tall (19 inches actually) Galactus action figure. Sadly it is all sold out. Earlier today on my way to stand in line I saw a smallish woman struggling with a whole case of them, so I carried it for her. A very long ways. Although I did it altruistically I was also sorta hoping karma would kick in. Turns out she wasn't a Hasbro employee but the daughter of a retailer who bought 4 cases to resell at his store. Would he sell one to me? No way of course not silly bear! Ah well. The rest of the day made up for it. Umm, other than all the standing in line I had to do. Michelle was already in the big hall and got to see the Big Bang Theory panel with special guests the Barenaked Ladies!
Joss Whedon put on a great panel, and it was hilarious when an incognito Nathan Fillion asked him who his favorite actor was. And the highlight of the day was the True Blood panel, almost the entire cast (minus Eric Northman and Jason Stackhouse) was there. There was some exclusive footage that I can't tell you anything about. But Sookie dies. Sorry!
As always, got lots of photos.

No comments: