Thursday, April 14, 2011

First a moment of silence for a dear old friend:

farewell to a faithful friend

It didn't die, I just hired a replacement. Yup, I went and bought a brand new iMac today. It's so big I can't even look at the whole screen at once! At least not this close. It's so big it doesn't really fit on the computer deskvery well. I used the Migration Assistant uitilty to move the contents of my old hard drive to this one, it worked great for my iTunes library (goddamn but I love Rihanna's version of Love the Way You Lie right now. And Buck 65 of course!) but every other folder won't allow me in, saying Not Allowed! It's an easy enough fix with a memory card I suppose but there's gotta be an easier way. i'm open to suggestions.
I swear I bought a Magic Trackpad with it but it's not here, and it's not in my receipt either so I guess for now the Magic Mouse with no buttons will have to do. I think I prefer the old keyboard, too. I liked how it had a pair of USB ports on it. I might go back to it, we'll see.
Anyways. You shoulda seen Pallas tonight- we taught her how to play hide and seek. First I just took a blanket and hid under it, and she would find me and I would tickle her and she would say "more iding daddy" and then we moved to the actual rules of the game. It was hilarious, she fell for all my decoys and traps. And Mommy was the best hider of all. Pallas' hiding skills still need improvement, when it was her turn she laid down on the carpet in front of us and covered her eyes. Seriously, it was so much fun you can't even imagine.

No comments: