Saturday, April 30, 2011

So the Pixies are back in town tomorrow, and I'm going to see them. They're playing Doolittle in its entirety. I know I'm pretty much the only Pixies fan in the world to say this, but Bossanova was the first album of theirs I got and it remains my favourite. Are you looking for the mother lode? No! No my child, this is not my desire. So I hope they play more than just Doolittle. Pretty short set if not. Oh well. System of a Down is coming nextweek, and I didn't get tickets to that, though I did try to win tix form the Journal. And then Sepultura, minus Max, is playing the Starlite and that's sort of tempting, though not quite the same as if it was the actual real classic lineup.
Read some Ultimate Fantastic Four at work this week, I really liked it. Jonny once sent me Ultimates Volume 1 and it was also good, though I had no idea their was a whole line of Ultimate comics. Basically the Ultimate Universe is, um, the classic marvel characters all retold for a modern day? Not made more real, and not intended to be a relaunch or a replacement, but just an alternate version . . . obviously I don't really understand it very well. Regardless, I like it!
Watched the Ed Norton Hulk movie today while I kicked ass on my treadmill (yeah I ran 10 kms in 51:08, including ten minutes at 8 mph and a minute at 10- when Hulk was kicking it up a notch to catch Emil Blonsky I was like, I can do that too) and it's better than I remembered. Too bad Ed got mad at everyone involved and pulled out of any sequels or the Avengers movie. Or has that changed? Maybe he was still in character when all that happened. Well, I'm available. Just paint me green and I'm good to go, not sure who you'll get to play Puny Banner though.

No comments: