Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We're going to Wicked tonight. I'm half excited and half not excited, which I guess should cancel each other out to make me completely neutral on the subject. Here's the thing- I really liked Gregory maguire's book, the language was rich and it was a cool idea, the Wicked Witch of the West's life story. But the direction he went in was perhaps a little bit- okay a lottle bit- not where I would have taken it. And then the two sequels were not my cup of tea at all.
On top of that, I'm not sure if I've ever really mentioned it, but Broadway music is at the top of my list, the very very top, of types of music I cannot handle. However Michelle came with me to Slipknot and System of a Down (twice!) so I definitely owe her that one, and without a single complaint either.
On the plus side, though, who doesn't love a beautiful green-skinned woman? Plus there's flying monkeys! Flying monkeys!
In other news, San Diego Comic Con starts tonight, Preview Night. Can't believe it's been a year since we went already. Well, this year I can't go, but in a vicarious sense, I'm already there. I'll be checking blogs and Flickr photostreams and maybe even Twitter feeds all weekend. Here's one to start with, and please let me know if you have any.

No comments: