Saturday, January 17, 2004

I mentioned a while back that Homie Bear had to go and get himself a job, against his better judgement. Now that it's been a month or so, I can tell you a bit about it- I am working at a video store. It's alright. I don't know how well I'm doing, though. Apparently my customer service is a little shaky, though I can't figure out why. Let me walk you through a typical day.

Customer 1: Hi! Do you have Seabiscuit?
Homie Bear: No, but we do have The Bear, I think you will like it a lot.
Customer 1: Uh, it's just that, my daughter really likes horses . . .
HB: The Bear has bears in it, your daughter loves bears, right?
Customer 1: Yeah . . . no thank you.

Customer 2: Excuse me, do you know when Secondhand Lions is coming out?
HB: No, but Brother Bear is coming March 2nd.
Customer 2: Can't you check your computer to see what it says?
HB: All it says is that Brother Bear is coming March 2nd. Want me to order you a copy?
Customer 2: No, that's alright.

Customer 3: Hi, I called about reserving a copy of Bad Boyz II?
HB: Yes, here you go.
Customer 3: What's this? It's not Bad Boyz II.
HB: It's Bad News Bears. It's not really about bears, but baseball. You might still like it though.
Customer 3: But, I don't want Bad News Bears, I want Bad Boyz II. Do you have it in?
HB: No, not really.
Customer 3: . . . maybe I'll check Blockbuster.

Customer 4 (a sweet old lady): Hello there. I'm wondering if you can recommend to me a good family movie.
HB: Yes I have just the thing- it's over here in our Horror section.
Customer 4: Oh no, not horror, I don't like those movies.
HB: It's not actually a horror at all- that must have been some sort of filing error. It's called Grizzly. Here you go.
Customer 4: It says here that a grizzly is on the loose and killing people one by one.
HB: Yes, it's quite cute.
Customer 4 backs away and leaves.

No comments: