Friday, January 16, 2004

Now that I have come full-circle on that whole Viking Trail, starting off on vikings, and naturally moving on to talking about Legolas and Gimli and Iceland and glaciers and Norse Mythology and X-Men and Canadian Superheroes and medicine men and hitch-hiking, I am now at a bit of a loss as to what to blog about. I mean, I pretty much covered everything there is.
But then I read this. And these.
I was shocked to discover that my friends think I am some sort of raging maniac ready to snap at the slightest provocation.
Blu says: "he appeared to be getting reasonably frustrated at this idiot beside him who wouldn?t let him in." Now, I was not getting frustrated. If at any time I feel like the dingus next to me is an annoyance I just speed up and pass him. In fact I was in a rather relaxed mood, content to allow the moron next to me to do whatever it is that morons do. Leisurely I glanced over at said dimwit, and look! It was Blu! Yay! I like seeing my friends around town. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, although that is pretty much how a bear always feels anyways.
Oh yeah, and I would also like to retort to gabrielle, who said this:
"I think I might have been close to reaching [Homie's boiling point] last night during the Sasquatch ?discussion?."
Let me explain. She was reading my blog, and said to me, "What's with this fear of sasquatches you have?" at which point I launch into an earnest and revealing look into my deepest fears and vulnerabilities, and after a while I realize gabrielle is making that face that people make when they are trying hard not to laugh. You know, their mouth is curling up into a smile so they force it down into a neutral line, but the effect is more of a crinkling thing and anyways their eyes tell no lies, so you can totally tell.
So I start to cry, not mad at all, but rather wounded to the core of my soul, and then she laughs even harder. Even the cat was laughing. It sill pains me to think about it.
But I have reached deep down into my inner reservoir of strength and charity and have forgiven both cat and gab for their blatant insensivity.

No comments: