Thursday, November 09, 2006

Another work week done. It was kind of a crazy one, too, but I won't bore you with the details. It's enough to say that everyone went home safely. Sometimes that's all you can ask for.
But now I'm on days off! Tomorrow Michelle is coming out here and we will then head to Jasper to take advantage of the off-season rates and just spend some quality time in les montagnes. That's Japanese for the mountains. Which reminds me that I'm reading Will Ferguson's Hitching Rides With Buddha, in which he hitch-hikes across Japan. One of his rides confidently asserted that he was going to North America to climb every one of the Rocky Mountains.
"Every mountain? Are you sure? I mean, that's a lot of mountains. Jeez, there must be . . . "
"Every mountain," he said, and looked over at me with a cross look, as though I weren't holding up my end of the conversation.


It's a great book, and Ferguson is a great writer, he's even from Alberta, so check him out if you get a chance. I love reading about all the characters he met while hitching. I met some too when I thumbed my way across Canada, maybe I'll try to remember some stories to tell you. Anyways, have fun in Jasper! Oh wait, that's me who's going.

No comments: