Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Some words from the artist who made me the beautiful paleo-art you see to your right- the mighty Wenzmaster!

"My real name is Renzo Rivadeneira. The "wenz" thing? Well, let's just say it's a long story. I am an Art Director and I have loved to draw since I was a child :3
I got started on drawing thanks to X-Men comics. I remember the day I bought my first comic book; that day everything changed! My influences range from classic American comics, passing through to Manga and Anime - I would imagine that all of this mixing has resulted in my own style - the Wenz style. :)
I would love to make my own comic book with my own characters and watch them on Cartoon Network.
Finally, don't forget that Peru is a country full of creative artistic talent and GREAT food!"

Be sure to check out his gallery, especially Snow Jumping, which was the picture that first drew me to him. And remember, he is available for commissions.
While you're over at deviantArt, you can read my new poem Working Outside in Winter, inspired by my last week at work. I wrote it for a Seasons writing contest.
Speaking of Peru, I finally got around to watching Kronk's New Groove today. It was pretty good for a Disney sequel, which usually are pooey. It helped that all the voice actors came back. As much as I love visuals I'm finding more and more that voice acting can really kill an animated movie for me. Although in the case of Cars, which we watched last night, the voice acting and visuals were completely fine, it was just the insipid story that ruined it.

No comments: