Thursday, November 02, 2006

Due to the International uh . . . what's it called? Dateline? My brains is all fuzzy because I am still awake from yesterday. Well, it's actually tomorrow down in New Zealand right now. Whoa timewarp- definitely a paradox. Which means it's time to celebrate the birthday of one of my best mates, the vampirenomad! Happy birthday! A little over two years ago we packed up the Woodsy Crypt, said farewell to F.A.N., threw a couch over the balcony, left Ted in charge and made our way to Malaysia and New Zealand. After a few months I came home and eventually got married, while gabrielle lived up to the nomadic part of her nickname and stayed behind. I've been going through my journal trying to find a good story to tell from the trip, but there's too many. Wedge. Why Wedge was Named Wedge. Why He Could Have Been Named Leak. Barefoot cinema patrons. The town square hexagon in Dunedin. Whales. Dolphins. Sea turtles. Dangerously inept diving-school classmates. Fell beasts. One Rings and One Ringgits. Coppelia. Tongariro. Hobbiton. "Hey it's a gay bus tour!" and "Oh, my mates stayed behind to do each others' hair". Kura Tawhiti. The Twizel Office of Development (as well as its famous bakery where the menu is apparently just for show). Cheep birds. Kea birds. Sheep- so many sheep. I could go on and on and not even scratch the surface of the good times we had- and that's not even getting into the Woodsy Crypt era. Happy Birthday Lt. Nixon! I still haven't located Private Blythe- he remains MIA. Winters out. Elements

No comments: