Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thinking it would be an easy matter to convert video from DVD to PSP, I rented Season 1 of the new Battlestar Galactica, which I have been sorta curious about ever since it came out- especially since lately it's been touted as one of the finest shows on television. I figured I could watch it on the bus to work, but the power of conversion eludes me. So I just watched the first episode on my TV. Kickass! The trouble is, now I have to watch the whole series. Does anyone know how to do the conversion? I'm kinda like the crew of the Battlestar- only old computers on board.
Here's a cool painting from deviantArt:

Battlestar Galactica by *jasonpal on deviantART

Check out these alternate designs for the cylons. And here's a funny Weird Al song on YouTube comparing the two series. I loved the original series when I was a kid, I even had a bunch of the toys and comic books, and I was horrified to see an episode as an adult and realize how cheesy it was. Though I still love the themesong, which was worked in rather cleverly into the pilot episode of the new show. But I'd say the new series is pretty much cheese-free.
How's this for cheesy? When I was four years old, and my parents would take me to watch the fireworks, I would pretend it was a space battle with Starbuck and Apollo shooting down cylon ships. Every time a firework would go off I'd yell "Good shot Starbuck!" or "Way to go Apollo!"
Uh, yeah. It would be best if you never repeated that to anyone.

No comments: