Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Brain function is always a little slow coming off nightshift. Today I went to rent some movies and decided to take up Jason's recommendation. We had been discussing musical biopics, agreeing that Walk the Line was really excellent, so Jason said I would also really like the one with Jamie Foxx. But damned if I could find it. Luckily I remembered that his name was "Ray" and not "Roy" before I went and made a fool of myself by asking if they had it.
I also rented some more Battlestar goodness. Did you know that my shovel at work has joysticks almost identical to the ones in the Vipers? Yup. Only instead of firing tracer bullets when you press the buttons, you just set the brakes, or honk the horn, or trip the bucket door. Though, to be sure, dropping 80 tons of rock on a Cylon Raider would crush it pretty good. So long as you could convince the Cylon to park underneath.
Finally, two headlines that caught my eye in today's paper: "Mercury and Lead Not as Safe as Once Thought"; and "Astronaut Charged With Attempted Kidnapping".

No comments: