Monday, April 23, 2007

Driving out to Hinton for another round of nightshifts this afternoon, I heard Yann Martel on the CBC talking about how he is sending Stephen Harper a book every two weeks, and I thought that was a great idea. There's a website the Life of Pi author set up to show the books he's sent (just one so far) and the PM's response, if any, and so far there's been none. Makes me want t read along.
What would you send the PM to read? I'll need to think on that one before I answer.
Right now I'm reading David Brin's Heaven's Reach, with the new "JRR Tolkien" on deck. I put that in quotes since really it is Christopher messing around with his dad's notes again but I've heard good stuff about it. Oh yeah and after that I have Friedman's The World is Flat. Only cost me five bucks at Greenwoods' with the little stamp card deal they have.

No comments: