Saturday, April 07, 2007

Have you ever seen Avatar: The Last Airbender? It's an American-made anime that airbends on Nickelodeon (and is out on DVD which is how I watch it). So yeah, it's for kids but I've been really getting into it. It's about this little kid, Aang, who is the Avatar. Sort of like a Dalai Lama in a world where martial artists can control the elements. Plus it's got flying bison and shape-changing panda bears. The episode I watched tonight had pirates. "I used to kind of look up to pirates but those guys were terrible," Aang says after they beat them down.
Mako, the great voice actor who sadly passed away recently, who also voiced Aku from Samurai Jack* plays the Fire Lord's brother.
Anyways, I couldn't help but notice certain amount of resemblance to another great American cartoon, so I drew a fanart:
(if you can't see it you're probably using Internet Explorer for some reason)


Avatarlie Brown by ~HomieBear on deviantART

*Speaking of Samurai Jack, I'd just like to point out that the Scotsman had a prosthetic machine gun leg first! Though that in no way is meant to detract from the oure kickassness that is sure to be Grindhouse.

No comments: