Monday, August 27, 2007

abel tasman

My house is starting to look like the legendary electronics graveyards of old- all sorts of bleached bones and tusks sticking out of the sub-Saharan soil. Well, between my old camera (drowned), my old CD player (worn out) and the old desktop (honored retirement) it seems that way.
Michelle got me an early birthday present yesterday- a new Olympus Stylus 770SW, waterproof to 10 meters. It's got me itching to take up diving again, that's for sure. Also, it's shock-resistant, to the delight of the salesman who kept telling me in his Swedish accent how you could drop it and throw it- but he was no longer allowed to show me since the boss had recently forbidden demonstrations. He seemed very sad about this.
Anyways, the old FinePix was a fine camera and I found a great photo I took with it that I forgot all about- it's a shot of Abel Tasman National Park in New Zealand. I saw orcas that time, too, actually. Here, I'll let Elrond point it out to you on a map:

We are here!

No comments: