Thursday, February 14, 2008

I have a sort of a tradition of writing a non-mushy love poem to my wife on Valentine's Day to share with all of you. The mushy ones are just for her. This year I was at work and a little busy, so the result is somewhat subpar but better than nothing:

On Valentine's I had to go to work
Where my foreman was being a jerk
I don't like to swear so I kept saying "Furk!"

But I went down into the hole
And got you some nice and shiny coal
It's Valentine's Day after all!

Though on December 25th
I gave you the same for a Christmas gift
And it sort of seemed that you were miffed!

So instead I'll give you this poem
Since I can't be there at home
Which is where I prefer to roam

There's a couple of examples of poetic licence in there- my formean is actually a great guy that I admire immensely, and I actually like to swear just fine. I'm a coal miner after all and am furking good at it. Giving my wife coal for presents, of course, is not an exaggeration at all.

No comments: