Monday, February 11, 2008

I ran into an old buddy I haven't seen in ten years or more- my good friend Peter. We met in kindergarten I think, grade 1 at the latest, so we go back a ways. It's funny- we're both married with mortgages, he has a son even, and it was just like we were back in elementary school. I laughed so hard I was practically crying as we reminisced about the good old days. He was the guy I forged detention slips with so we wouldn't have to go outside in the wintertime. He was the guy who laughed at me when our music teacher tied me to my chair to keep me in my seat. He was the guy I laughed at when the class bully offered a bag of candy to anyone who would fight him and Peter accepted the challenge and got his ass kicked. He was the guy who cofounded the diamond mine with me in the back woods of our schoolyard. He was the guy who pretended he was a woolly mammoth with me all throughout grade 2. He was the guy who was with me when I snmashed up my parents' car on the way to a death metal gig when we were in grade 11- Disciples of Power rock on!
He was the guy.

No comments: