Wednesday, March 05, 2008

So I decided to go see the froggies at the Valley Zoo today. In all honesty I was a little disappointed, because I had imagined a whole building, or at the very least, a wing, dedicated to the Anurans, with hundreds, nay thousands of specimens to admire. But it was not so. Just one wall, with about 7 species. Two of which were sleeping invisibly. No poison darts, though they had a few Mantellas, which are a Madagascarian pseudoequivalent. So tiny! But it was very cool of the curator to let me in for free, and I'm glad I went. Hard to get good pics through the layers of glass, but I got a bit of video. Here are some African Clawed frogs, who, through no fault of their own, seem to be the ones responsible for the devastating spread of the chytrid fungus:

No comments: