Thursday, March 20, 2008

So I'm a pirate captain now. Or at least, I can pretend I am in my new car, which I have dubbed the Black Pearl. It used to be my brother-in-law's, and he called it Jack but plainly I can not call it that since we plan to name our future son Jack. And this way I can be Captain Jack. I didn't feel very piratey when I drove to Hinton in the crazy unscheduled blizzard. I thought for sure I would snmash her up on the first day. Ole LGJ was pretty good in blizzards since it had winter tires, but the Pearl only has all-seasons which any pirate captain will tell you really means only good for maybe three of the seven seas on which you sail.
Anyways, I kind of felt like I'd sunk a ship full of puppies when I read my sister-in-law's blog where she gives a heartfelt farewell to the car formerly known as Jack.
And don't forget that picture of me as a pirate captain was done for me by the amazing Karen Ellis of Planet Karen, who just celebrated the second anniversary of her webcomic diary. In a world where anyone can make a comic- see BitStrips, she is a truly great artist.
Speaking of great artists, check out this brilliant piece that evolved from a fuzzy photo of traffic lights, by Jake Rueth, aka Cube.

No comments: