Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tonight, if you are one of the 700 or so people who watch CityTV News you might see me and Michelle explain why we waited until the last minute to file our taxes. Uh, doesn't everybody? This year marks the first year in Homie Bear History where I had to pay extra. Which sucks. I had visions of our refunds paying for the garage we want to build this summer. Or at least a 2X4 or 4 for it.
Partly I can blame myself. Not to get too deeply into my finances, I will say I didn't really contribute much to my RRSP, didn't start any home businesses and worst of all, I only gave a miserly 1% of my income to charity. Yeesh. That's gonna change this year, and not for the taxation benefits either.
Anyways, check out Ursula Vernon's Taxman. And if that wasn't cute enough for you, go watch the sleepy sun bear cub video at Zooillogix.