Sunday, April 06, 2008

DSCF2877

Well, it won't turn, it won't ramp down, it won't go very fast, but at least it'll go. Sometimes. We were supposed to get a brand new hydraulic shovel but it didn't pan out, and our even older 2100 gave up the ghost a couple of months ago so they decided to resurrect the venerable old 2800 that's been sitting partially dismantled for over a year. Sorta like a 50-year old Battlestar in drydock. That's okay because we're still running a couple of the haultruck equivalent of Viper Mark IIs! The above is an old photo I took about two years ago, back when it was only 28 years old. The other day I was operating it after it had been broken down for a few days, and it seemed to be running good. One of the accountants came up in the cab for the experience. She didn't believe me when I told her my Dad ran this shovel when he was 19.
Don't tell them about this one or they might get some crazy ideas:

teenyshovel

No comments: