Monday, October 06, 2008

I always feel like I'm coming up for air after a set of nightshifts. The world went on without me? Weird. Work was alright, nothing really unusual. My old buddy Leon lost his temper a little and barked at Graeme over the radio, much to everyone's amusement. "You keep doing like that I'll punch you in the face!" Even though threats of physical violence are contrary to company policy and even federal law, it's all in good fun at the ole coal mine. Oh well, at least no one got hurt. Or shot. One coworker of mine shot another ex-coworker of mine while hunting a couple of weeks ago, and as much as I'm dying to tell that one, it's not my place. But oh man! Crazy.
Anyways have you tried the Genius Playlist generator on the new iTunes? At this point it's more of an idiot savant, I'd say, with emphasis on the idiot. I put in Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi of course) and it came up with Metallica's Unforgiven- a good choice musically, especially if the song were about the Clint Eastwood movie (which it isn't); Pantera's Cowboys from Hell- a good fit subject-matter-wise at least. Not sure how "My Best Friend's Girl" (The Cars), "I Love You" (Sarah McLachlan) and Alanis's Ironic really fit though. Among others just as baffling. Here is my own Genius Playlist building from Wanted Dead or Alive:
Blaze of Glory- Jon Bon
Wherever I May Roam- Metallica
Farewell Ride- Beck
The Man Comes Around- Johnny Cash
Snake Song- Emmylou Harris
No Roads Here- Corb Lund
Cowbys from Hell- Pantera
Working Class Hero- Green Day
Redemption Day- Sheryl Crow
These ten songs are all brilliant and putting them together in one playlist is truly genius. If you are for some reason missing any of these fine tunes let me know I might be able to hook you up.