Monday, October 13, 2008

Remember the good old days last month when everyone thought the Large Hadron Collider would create a black hole that would suck up the Earth from the inside (a la Dan Simmons' Big Mistake of '08 in Hyperion)? We were so naive back then. Who knew an economic black hole would cause a sucky implosion of an entirely different and less cool kind.
Certainly not Stephen Harper.
I bet you he wishes he could create a black hole to open a wormhole to last month so he could uncall his snap election. Oh well. Although my thoughts on the federal parties are largely unchanged from the last time I think I will still vote for him. Or at least, not for Stephane Dion. Dion's goofily endearing habit of giggling at his own jokes won me over a little, and that interview he was roasted for I thought was actually points in his favor- I speak English as my first language and barely understood that guy's question (if you used to be the prime minister today what would you have done differently yesterday to avoid the Hadron Collision scheduled for tomorrow? or something like that)- but I can't vote for a guy who thinks it's a good idea to raise my taxes and give all the money to Quebec and Ontario. Sorry- been doing that for years and it hasn't gotten me anywhere yet. Now is not a good time for new taxes. Just ask everybody.
I wish I could vote for Slipknot.
Anyways tomorrow is the day so get out there and vote for someone!