Thursday, October 23, 2008

You know, Empire Strikes Back is kind of hazy on chronology when you think about it. How long was Luke training with Yoda? Didn't seem like very long and then he was off to Cloud City to try to save the day. But then, how long was the Falcon drifting through space to get to Bespin? Thinking of these deep questions made me envision a touching scene wherein Luke Skywalker is communing with the spirit of his father Anakin.

Spirit of Anakin: So you're a Jedi already, eh? How long did that take?
Luke: Not long. Like, a few weeks.
Spirit of Anakin: A few weeks?? It took me ten years of training under Obi-Wan!
Luke: Well, you killed Obi-Wan before he could really teach me anything.
Spirit of Anakin: Ah. Well, he chopped me into pieces and left me to burn to death last time I'd seen him so he kind of deserved it . . .
Luke: But you chopped my hand off!
Spirit of Anakin: Yeah, sorry about that. Uh, so . . . got a girlfriend?
Luke: No. I was pretty into Leia at first, she even kissed me once, but that was before I knew she was my sister.
Spirit of Anakin: What? You kissed your sister?
Luke: Well, like I said, it was before I knew she was my sister. I mean, what were the chances?
Spirit of Anakin: You are no son of mine! Luke, I am not your father!
Luke: Noooooooo!