Friday, May 01, 2009

CCEE- the artists

One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the Calgary Comics Expo was to meet some of the artists I know or know of through deviantArt. Given that we were only there for a few hours, I didn't get to meet them all but I met the best ones!
First up, Amy Pronovost, the artyewok. Not only does she draw great Star Wars stuff, but she also specializes in flying bears! She drew us a little baby ewok in her sketchbook that bears a passing resemblance to Pallas. Plus I got one of her Star Wars Galaxy 4 base cards as well as sundry other swag. Thanks Amy!
I also had the opportunity to meet the artists of Imaginism, Bobby Chiu and Kei Acedera. Lovely people, both of them. I purchased their beautiful Waterworlds artbook as well as this print from that book:

Also quick shout outs to Virge, Laurie B, Johnny Luu and Miriam Libicki.

PS- Happy Miner's Day! Make sure to buy the miners in your life lots of presents!