Monday, May 04, 2009

May the 4th be with you!
Round here it kind of feels like every day is Star Wars Day. To celebrate, we went and watched Wolverine! His girlfriend could do Jedi mindtricks so there's your connection. Also, Wolverine may actually be a mutant wookie.
Yesterday I made a quick trip to the Edmonton Pop Culture Fair- just long enough to find Shane Turgeon's table and buy his book on Star Wars-related tattoos (as well as some old vintage Kenner figures!) called The Force in the Flesh.
Speaking of tattoos, my wife bought me Kat Von D's book High Voltage Tattoo which I just finished reading. What a great wife I have! If you like tattoos or LA Ink or rock and roll or anything related, it's well worth getting her book.
It's been over a year now since my last tattoo, and I still have to get that one touched up a bit. I think the obvious next one for me is something related to my daughter- maybe a classical greek goddess bust, done all cool, in honor of her namesake Pallas Athena.