Tuesday, January 25, 2011

sistas

Pallas is turning two on Saturday. I won't even be here, I have to work. For that matter I'm missing Michelle's birthday which is the day before as well. Worst dad in the world.
Tomorrow we actually have to take Naia to the Stollery because of some concerns with jaundice or whatever. If that sounds like I'm fuzzy on the details, it's because I'm the world's worst dad. But also because the doctors haven't been exactly clear on what they're concerned about. How worried should we be? I dunno. I'm sure she's fine. Right? Please be fine.

World's Worst Dad

You're the world's worst dad she said
not with her words but with her eyes
and I must be because the accusation
doesn't even bother me I just laugh
and say despite what you may think
you are not actually the boss of me
but let me let you in on a secret
when I piss you off and tell you no
it's not to make you mad
but because I love you so much
I'd rather absorb your wrath
then fail you as a father

No comments: