Thursday, December 31, 2020

Comics 2020!

 


I read a lot of comics this year! Probably a record, although 2017 came close:



I think last year I closed out my file at Happy Harbour, which resulted in an immense monthly savings- comics are expensive- and more of a focus on Marvel Unlimited. I still have a pile of floppies I need to read but for the most part I am doggedly trying to read every Marvel Universe comic ever. Just 50,000 more to go! So I will need to live another century, please. Most years I was pretty scattershot, reading a Fantastic Four here, an X-Men there, now an Amazing Spider-Man, and what about the Hulk what is he up to... but this year I decided to try and get all the comics synced up in time. That will be an ongoing project, as all the previous years' random issue-hopping left me with a bit of a mess. But I have Avengers, Iron Man and Captain America synced up in 1968:



Captain America actually started with issue #100, which was a name change from Strange Tales, I think. I didn't read too many of those. The early Lee/Kirby stuff is a little harder to read, stock plots and not much characterization, but later Thor stuff by Kirby sans Lee is absolutely amazing. He was definitely the King.

No comments: