Tuesday, December 29, 2020

InfoGraphstravaganza!!




 

Alright time to show my true nerd colours. I made an infographic! Two, actually. Both by copying exactly what Nick says, of Logos By Nick. That guy has taught me so much. He's like Yoda. 

Yeah so I've been keeping track of a bunch of stuff over the years in a notebook. Actually I have many notebooks, each for different purposes. One notebook I originally started keeping track of which comics I'd read, kind of with an eye to making sure I was getting my money's worth out of my Marvel Unlimited subscription. From there it was easy to start keeping track of other stuff too, and nothing is funner to me than writing in my notebooks so. Sadly, my original notebook was lost so although I would have had data going back to 2011 I think, we are instead limited to 2017. Oh well! Makes making the infographic easier. And to be clear, I don't actually expect anyone else in the world to care about this. I just like geeking out and making these has been both fun and informative.

2020 is kind of an anomalous year, for all the reasons we are only too well aware of. Even so, my National Geographic-reading has gone way off the chart, as you can see with this infographic here (I am pretending I am giving a presentation to the board of directors of my life lol)




A major reason was actually not that I was unemployed, but rather, in the time before I was laid off I was able to read a ton of back issues I had laying around at my Grandma's house while at work. Going to work on the  bus but also sitting there in a shovel, waiting for the coal trucks to return. I think one night I had one or two trucks, got maybe 8 loads all night, and read two whole issues of NG in between. Since being laid off my numbers dropped back down to like 2018-levels. Even so, I recommend the board buy stock in NGC. Just kidding I don't know anything about stocks.

Books are a steadier statistic, as we turn our attention now to this:


I guess I'm a pretty slow reader. 2017 was a good year, though! I no longer recall why lol. I can say that last year my favourite book was unquestionably Gideon the Ninth, which I loved so much I reread it this year prior to diving into the sequel, Harrow the Ninth. It is possible I named my CX-3 after Harrowhark. It is also possible I will need a whole nother infographic to keep track of the number of times I read both books, as well as the third coming in 2021.
I know, there are still a few days left in 2020. But at the rate I read now, with Ahsoka taking up a lot of tie, I am confidant this number won't change. But that is why I left the other fields blank for now. Over the next few days I'll fill some of those in. Exciting! Tell your friends! This might be what finally makes me go viral!!!! 




 

No comments: