Wednesday, January 16, 2008

P1150322

So we're having a safety slogan contest at work again this year. The prize is a stay at Jasper Park Lodge which is a pretty good motivator. Last year I submitted some good ones but unfortunately a plagiarized platitude won. The ones I submitted received plenty of votes but they were ultimately deemed too . . . macabre to win. For example, there was "Safety- because being dead sucks."
"Remember, in a coal mine the only soft and squishy parts are you."
"Leave the pancakes to Aunt Jemima- stay away from moving haultrucks."
This year I submitted some more, but I think they will receive the same criticism:
"Work safe- because your wife would make a hot widow. You don't want me hitting on your widow do you?"
"Work safe- or leave your truck to me in your will."
"Wear your PPE to protect your peepee, eh!" (PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment.)

I make light mainly to drive home the point with something memorable, since safety is not a laughing matter. When accidents happen you feel terrible, even when no one is hurt. Remember that one incident I told you about- here's a contraband (and not very good) picture that you can't tell anyone I showed you:

No comments: