Thursday, January 03, 2008

Winter holidays is almost over for me- only one more day of lazing around like a bum. You'll be happy to know that I accomplished not a single productive thing in the past 11 days and I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be no different! But the day (or rather, night) after that I have to go back to the pit and start producing coal. Actually, my job is more to move the rocks that are sitting on top of the coal out of the way so that we can get to the coal. I do this with the aid of a giant robot whose brain I control. And then, according to the 6-year-old girl who won the coveted front cover of our annual shift calendar, it is a simple matter of shipping the coal by train to Japan where it can be turned into cars! What could be easier?

PA110223

In other news, my credit card was accidentally left at one of the poshest restaurants in town a couple of weeks ago, and when I went to retrieve it I discovered they thought it was their tip. Merry Christmas! Actually, they are merely closed until January 9th for post-New Year's holidays. So I'll need to borrow your credit card until then, okay?

No comments: