Sunday, January 27, 2008

Today is a two toque day. Normally I would have had to drive to Hinton tonight for work in the morning, but luckily I took tomorrow off on account of my wife's birthday. My beautiful wife who pushed LGJ out of the snow when we came back from her birthday dinner. But anyways, talking about the weather is boring enough who wants to blog about the weather? Still- two toques!
Far more interesting than blizzards is Unified Theories of Everything. At least, you would think so. Especially when said theory only needs three spatial dimensions and one temporal one, instead of 11 or 12 like in String Theory. Some surfer dude who has a PhD in physics came up with just such a UTE a few weeks ago, pretty much the Holiest Grail of physics,and hardly anyone noticed. Don't worry Surfer Physicist Dude! I noticed! Your UTE is a beaut! Although I have to admit I don't understand the physics at all, even the dumbed-down newspaper summary. That shape that has 248 dimensions is a little tough to visualize.

No comments: