Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I remember in grade 7 it was so cold outside that I would deliberately misbehave so I would get detention and not have to go outside for recess. Also we would forge detention slips. That trick doesn't really work at the coal mine, unfortunately. Or maybe it would but I my work ethic is a little better than my old school ethic. I'm not sure why- they docked us 2.5 hours pay for leaving early the last night before our Christmas break. A month ago they were like "Here's a hundred bucks for your Christmas bonus- enjoy!" and now they're "We have deducted 107.83 because you left a little early." Never mind that we were following orders in shutting the equipment down so early in the first place to
park them in maintenance bays or plug them in, and it was our foreman who let us go (he got in lotsa trouble too). What can you do?

No comments: