Monday, January 28, 2008

I was kind of kidding when I said no one noticed that physicist's theory- I'm sure academics around the world are studying it and testing it and puzzling over it. Mostly I meant my coworkers, my crew of coal miners didn't really bring it up in casual conversation, and when I did I was met with surprising indifference. But that's alright, coal miners mine coal, they don't do physics so much. Just so long as your head of state is getting the latest science news from his National Science Advisor, right?
Wrong! PM Stephen Harper fired his science advisor. Or at least let him go, eliminating the office rather than firing the person in it. I'm not a political blogger and I have no desire to be (which is not to say I don't follow politics in real life) , but I kind of have to shake my head publicly on that one.
I will continue to advise you on science news- for example, no need to worry about the asteroid zooming by the Earth tomorrow; but really I just check National Geographic, ScienceBlogs and Quirks and Quarks. Stephen Harper probably doesn't.

No comments: