Wednesday, July 02, 2003

For those of you not lucky enough to be from Edmonton, here is a picture of the High Level Bridge waterfall. It's turned on for holidays and special occasions and such- it's not actually on all the time. And not so much in the winter.
It's pretty cool, and I think it is fairly unique, though you can correct me if I'm wrong. It's not exactly Niagara Falls, I realize, but it's good enough. Its official name is the Great Divide Waterfall, and it was created back in 1980 to celebrate Alberta's 75th anniversary.
And I just saw on the news that the fireworks last night only lasted 5 minutes and 8 seconds, but were supposed to last for 12 minutes. The City is investigating to see if the contractor ripped us off or not. It was definitely anti-climactic, that's for sure. Even pooey, I would say.

No comments: