Monday, July 28, 2003

Wasting My Hate
For a while there my faith was shaken, but luckily I am far too smrt to be pulled in by a joke. A clever and funny joke, to be sure, but just a joke. And maybe a bid for free publicity by a small-time band. What am I talking about? The "Metallica sues band for using E and F chords" business. Blu poosted about it today on his new blog, and we had a brief MSN exchange in which I stated my thoughts that this was obviously a hoax. But I was a little worried when the article included a link to Metallica's homepage with an official press release. A ludicrous one, but if the Official Website says it, it must be true, right? But then I realized (only 6 hours later)- Metallica just totally reworked their site, and this release was still in their old stye. Ha! A fake! I went to their site from my bookmarks, rather than following a link from the article, and there was no mention anywhere of suing a band for using certain chords. Case closed. Blu, I will expect a formal apoology on your blog. Or I'll sue.
Update: I didn't even bother going to Unfaith's website the first time, but I see that they are also confirming the hoax.
And here is a link to a story on Metallica kicking ass, and Fred Durst needing to get his ass kicked. But what else is new?

No comments: